Lesson Plans/ I
Can Targets: For the Week of January 14:
Reading: Centers/Guided Reading Books- Sent home weekly in S.O.S. Binder
- I can use basic text features to help me read.
(read left to right, read top to bottom, spaces between words)I can recognize and name all upper- and lowercase letters
I can make the most common sound for each letter. I can write a letter or letters for most consonant
sounds. Writing: Practice writing letters A-Z and first name practice, short a and e word familiesI can
print many uppercase and lowercase letters.
Sight Words: List 1/September: we, can, a, see, the, we, red, blue.
List 2/October : l like, to, and, go, stop, it, yellow, green
List 3/November: are, do, my, off, on, orange, purple, you
List 4/December: black, big, brown, he, is, little, she, with
List 5/January this week: was, for, have, of, yes, no, over, under
I can read common high-frequency words. Language Arts: Review letter and sounds A to Z, -at,-an, -ap and -ed word family reivew. We will introduce -ed this week in class.
Math: Numbers 11-20, introduce subtraction
- I can count to 100 by ones and tens.
- I can count forward from any number, not just 1.
- I can write my numbers up to 20.
- I know that numbers are connected to how many things you have.
- I can count items to tell you how many, up to 20 things, if they are lined up. If they are mixed up, I can tell you how many up to 10 things.
- I can tell you if a group of things is more, less, or the same as another group.
- I can compare two numbers between 1 and 10.
Leader In Me lessons on Habit 7: Sharpen the Saw and Penguins across all subjects
Science: Investigations and Observations
- I can observe and ask questions.
- I can classify objects into groups based on different observations.
Kindergarten Common Core 2018-19:
Math Quarters 1-4.pdf ELA Quarter 1 - K.pdf
School and Classroom Rules:PBIS Matrix