Grade 3 Social Studies Unit 2: Celebrating Culture
Lesson 1: All About Culture
1. Culture- the way of life shared by a group of people.
2. History- The events of the past.
3. Agriculture- Growing crops and raising animals.
4. Artifacts- Something that was made or used by people in the past.
5. Transportation- Ways of getting from one place to another.
Grade 4 Social Studies Unit 2: Early Ohio
Chapter 4 Different Cultures Meet
Lesson 1: Struggle for
the Ohio CountryVocabulary Words: Chapter
4 Lesson 1
a place ruled by another country.
measure the area, boundaries, and shape of a piece of land.
strong building or area that can be defended against attacking enemies.
formal agreement between nations.
5. Proclamation!-an official public announcement.
6. Squatter-a person who settles on land without paying for it.
Lesson 2: The American Revolution
Vocabulary Words: Chapter 4 Lesson 2
1. Boycott- to refuse to buy goods or services.
2. Militia- groups of volunteers who fight only in an emergency.
3. Loyalists- colonists who did not want to rebel against Great Britain.
Patriots- colonists who thought it was necessary to fight for freedom from Great Britain.