Date: April 20, 2021
Position: Principal, Middle/High School (Grades 7-12); 224 Days/Yr
Certification: Current Ohio Principal License
- Master's degree (M.A.) or equivalent
- OPES, OSCES, and OTES Credentialed
- Successful classroom teaching experience
- Appropriate state of Ohio certification/license
- Prior assistant principal/principal experience preferred
- Such alternative to the above qualifications as the Superintendent and/or Board of Education may find appropriate
The principal is the instructional leader who aligns all of the educational resources and support services available in the delivery of high quality educational programs and services. Mohawk Local Schools is looking for an innovative high/middle school instructional leader to guide the building to academic and social excellence.
- Participation in the development and implementation of district-wide policies and programs.
- Reinforce equitable instructional practices for all students and staff.
- Provide leadership in establishing educational goals for the school.
- Provide leadership in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating curriculum and instructional programs.
- Provide leadership in the preparation of the school building budget.
- Maintain a fiscal accounting system for the building consistent with district procedures.
- Maintain an inventory of all equipment and supplies within the building.
- Provide assistance in evaluating the condition of the building, grounds, and equipment.
- Provide leadership and structure for meeting the day-to-day operating needs of the building.
- Provide leadership in establishing and enforcing regulations for student behavior.
- Provide leadership in the planning and supervision of extra and co-curricular activities while working closely with the Athletic Director.
- Provide leadership in the supervision of programs designed to foster the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of students. • Provide leadership in establishing programs and activities designed to foster positive relationships among students and between students and staff.
- Effectively evaluate licensed staff with the OTES, OSCES, and OPES models of evaluation.
- Effectively evaluate classified staff in conjunction with appropriate supervisor(s).
- Ability to recognize the need to build a staff that is representative of the ethnic culture of the building.
- Provide leadership for licensed, classified, and administrative personnel.
- Lead and facilitate Building Leadership Team meetings.
- Familiarity with the 5-Step OIP process.
- Develop a plan to close the achievement gap in subgroups.
- Collaborate with all departments and attend Teacher Based Team meetings.
- Develop a Schedule that will support academic and social-emotional interventions. • Attend Strategic Planning Committee meetings.
- Analyze and assess data to drive instructional practices.
- Collaborate with local and county community agencies to support school goals.
- Provide the Board of Education with periodic reports on school progress.
- Familiar with the CCP program and pathway to an associate degree.
- Knowledge of student scheduling, master schedule creation, career tech programming, and school report card components.
- Submit a weekly report to the superintendent on school activities.
Salary: Based on Approved Salary Schedule
Start Date: August 1, 2021
Application Due Date: May 14, 2021
Application Procedure: Letters of interest, resume, and related materials should be sent to:
Dr. Mark E. Burke Jr.
295 State Highway 231
Sycamore, Ohio 44882