Beginning April 1, 2022, applications for students wishing to attend Mohawk Local Schools under the Open Enrollment option will be accepted ONLINE only.
For more information about the new open enrollment application process, click HERE
DID YOU KNOW:
- Mohawk Local School is among the highest performing schools in a multi-county area recognized by the Ohio Department of Education as a “B” school district with a 90.9 Performance Index.
- Mohawk offers state-of-the-art facilities, and a low student-teacher ratio.
- Mohawk is one of the few school districts where a child can start in a preschool unit and receive their high school diploma without ever changing school districts.
- 27% of students in grade 11 and 12 are members of National Honor Society.
- 35% of junior and senior students are attending Sentinel Career and Technology Center where they attend a half-day program to earn certifications and industry credentials in a trade skill. After three years, 94% of these students remain in their field.
- Mohawk students can earn an industry credential in Agribusiness through the Mohawk Agriculture Program.
- Mohawk offers seated College Credit Plus (CCP) courses taught by certified Mohawk staff or instructors who come from three CCP partner institutions: Rhodes State College, Marion Technical College, and Tiffin University.
- Mohawk is one of the few districts in the local area to have a One-to-One technology initiative in place - all K-12 students have a Chromebook to use at home and school.
- Mohawk offers strong performing arts and visual arts programs, and has a state-of-the-art, dedicated Performing Arts Center.
- Mohawk employs a full-time Student Resource Officer.
- Mohawk has a therapy dog, Harry, serving our students, faculty and staff.
- Mohawk students do not pay workbook or supply fees.
- Mohawk offers a wide variety of clubs including foreign language, arts, and electronic sports (ESPORTS).
- The Mohawk Mentorship Club offers high school students opportunities to develop leadership qualities and school pride, and promotes community involvement.
- Mohawk offers 3 stand-alone multi-handicapped units for individuals with physical and/or intellectual disabilities.
- Four bus stops for transportation convenience are offered for students open enrolling to Mohawk Local Schools.